Friday, March 14, 2014

Update

Kerm here,
I am currently in Ft. Myers staying on friend Bill Collins's boat.  I have been here since the 6th.  Chris went back to the Southern Belle on the 7th.  A friend Paul from MN brought my truck down for me earlier in the week and then headed to Staniel Cay with a new starter.  When Chris went back she brought a gizmo with her that was supposed to tell if a battery, alternator or starter was good or not. The batteries checked out but the starter showed bad hence the new starter.  Paul put the starter in this morning and it did not do the trick.  Oh dear.  I've pretty much lined up sending a new set of batteries via puddle jumper but I'm going to have Paul check out another couple of things before finalizing.  Chris will be giving me a call on the sat phone at 1:00 today and I'll pass on my ideas and if they don't work I'll punch the button for the new batteries.

I'm doing ok here but perhaps a boat isn't the best place to be for longer than a few days.  I have to stick around FL until the 7th of April for a post op check up in Miami.  I have other housing options and may exercise them. DH in our extended family has a condo in Miami and says that I can use it and cousin John who lives in Atlanta has invited me to stay there.  Atlanta is a days ride from Miami but it's nice to have people around. 

When I'm in Miami I will get my medical records so I will not be tied to FL in the future. 

More later.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are up and about and on Billy's ship. Take care of yourself buddy.

    ReplyDelete