Wednesday, March 5, 2014

And away we go

Kerm here,

They turn me loose tomorrow if all goes well.  I have to come back in 3 weeks for a check up so I will have to stay in the area.  Tomorrow Chris and I will be renting a car and heading to Ft. Myers where I will be staying with Bill Collins on his boat at Legacy Harbor Marina.  Chris will come back to Miami on Sunday where she will catch a flight to Staniel Cay where she will join the Belle and Linda.  The doctors recommend that I do not finish the trip with them this year. There could be anywhere from rejection to infection to stroke possibilities early in the game here so they want me to lay low.

I feel very strongly that Chris and Linda should finish the dream cruise without me in lieu of scrambling back to the states.  I have a couple of buddies that have offered to ride along to play ships engineer. All the rest can be handled by Chris and Linda.  It's about time that they should be shoved out of the nest.  Long past due actually.

Me,  I'll hang around Florida both east and west coasts until the Belle arrives and then I have no idea of what comes next.  Simple as that.


1 comment:

  1. Kerm and Chris, just got caught up on your situation. So glad you are okay. We are loving the abacos, but heading back to fort pierce soon, so stop by Harbortown in your Florida wanderings.

    ReplyDelete