Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Chris here...In Miami with the Captain

Hello, All

Wow, what a crazy week this has been.  First of all, for the squeamish among you, close your eyes.  Kerm made me take a pix of his present situation in a nutshell...


I will provide information in this blog and hope that people forward the info to others that are interested. Think of this as my take on "CaringBridge".

Kerm is presently in the Neuro ICU at the University of Miami Hospital.  He had a stent inserted in his right carotid artery yesterday.  The procedure went smoothly but he has developed minor complication of low blood pressure.  This happens because the area that the stent was inserted in is shared by a nerve cluster that adjusts blood pressure and heart rate.  During the procedure that bundle of nerves can be disturbed.  The care team is on the job and explained that medication and time are needed to correct this condition.  Kerm will be in the ICU until BP returns to normal.  He was uncomfortable last night but feeling better this morning. He complains of feeling a little 'confined' since our life on board is so active and outdoorsy...he's looking forward to being able to walk around again soon.

I have noticed no cognitive or physical deficiencies, so thank God for that.  He is teasing the medical staff and being "Kerm".

I arrived in Miami yesterday afternoon and am glad I was here with him last night.  I left Linda as 'captain by proxy' aboard the Belle at a secure mooring ball just north of the Grotto in Staniel Cay.  She is awesome and I could not hope for a better crew.  We will be making more long term plans as the next few days play out.

I want to thank all of you who have offered assistance and shown amazing support during this time...I'm blessed...truly blessed. Your thoughts and prayers are very much appreciated.  Fellow cruisers have been so helpful, especially Dick and Nancy aboard Blue Bay.  I also want to say a big thanks to the kind people at Black Point who helped us in a far away spot.  Especially, Lorraine and Mr&Mrs Adderley.  Wonderful caring people.

That's all for now but I will update again soon now that I have internet.
Love to all
 Christie


3 comments:

  1. Linda...you have the con. Sending prayers to you and Kerm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the plumber did a good job Kerm. Hope you feel much better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Chris! Catching up with you and Kerm...I know he's out of the hospital now, but what a scare. So glad he's OK. Sounds like you had the help you needed when you needed it. The Universe is looking out for the two of you! Thinking of you.... Cinda

    ReplyDelete