Monday, March 24, 2014

Belle to Stewart

 Kerm here.
The Belle is tied up at Hinkley Yacht  near Stewart where the electrical system will be checked out. You don't know how it pains me that I am having someone else look at the stuff as I have always prided myself on being able to take care of 99% of maintenance and restoration myself.  Plus I'm one cheap B*****D.  Anyway,  the batteries will have to be looked at and probably be replaced, new battery charger for sure and if putting in a new charger the right thing to do is all the digital controls and the diagnostics stuff.  This boat was never designed for all the new technology over the last 30 years and I don't know where even one more panel will go.  We have added 4 new panels since last year for generator, inverter and fire systems and propane sensors.  If we had any more panel LED's shining in the cabin at night we wouldn't be able to sleep.  We sure as hell don't need night lights anymore.

I am angst.  The Hinkley electrical guys will be doing a reconnoiter of the Belle electrical system tomorrow.  Holy crap.  I replace all the mainline DC stuff over last winter ACCORDING to the book and all my tests were by the book.  Alternator, regulator, splitter, batteries, all high amperage DC wiring, circuit breakers, everything.  Crap, I do hope they find something but just not for the stuff I did. 

1 comment:

  1. Chris here. Linda and I are doing great and it feels good to be at a respected facility for the Belle's repairs. Kerm, you are an awesome captain/maintainer/refitter so quit with the angst and have a great time in Atlanta. For all of the miles we have traveled on the Belle it is not unusual to have something go a little wanky. We will get it seen to and all will be well.

    ReplyDelete