Monday, May 16, 2011

Still stuck

Kerm

New Jersey.  Cape May, New Jersey.  Who would have thought.  A week in Cape May, New Jersey.  That's what it looks like.  The east wind just keeps blowing.  Enough bitching.

When I changed the fuel filters yesterday the crush washers on the fittings did appear to seal but today I looked at them and, dang, the buggers were leaking.  These are the bleeding fittings.  Long story short,  I couldn't find the right seals and modified the ones I could find and that only fixed one of the two leaks.  So because we're stuck I ordered parts from Pegasus Racing and they should be here tomorrow.  The system is the typical British / American bastard system.  Kinda like the race cars. so I went to the only place that I know for this type of stuff.  And yes, bro Greg,  we probably have all the parts at the race shop.

Ugly fog this morning and some French guy with the ugliest boat I have ever seen took off into the Atlantic.  Oh' my.  But,  I did think that maybe with the morning lull, our radar and all the other electronic equipment we could gone out.  In theory, we could have made the Atlantic City  before things got ugly.  But, there's the inlet deal in an east wind, which can be dangerous .  I didn't even check the current at our predicted ETA but...      Oh crap, you can second guess this stuff and drive your self crazy.

So we eat. And drink. 

No comments:

Post a Comment