Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Hudson River

 Kerm here,

We're at Newburgh, NY on the Hudson and headed for Troy.  NY is beautiful on the Hudson and every mid-westerner should come here at least once in a lifetime.  Chris and Linda went to NYC yesterday and Linda took off for MSP sometime today.  We, I, will miss her as she is a very good helmsman.  Ya, ya, perhaps a helmsperson.  Jeez, I'm a 50's guy and mailman,  garbageman,  and stewardess all make sense to me.  God help us all when a captain is called a cap-person.  I give up...
We are headed north tomorrow and my personal goal is Troy but we'll see what happens. 
Worked on the boat yesterday and today and the list seems to be getting smaller unlike the head gasket oil leak.  I'm keeping an eye on it and hope that it's just one of those Lehman things. 

Chris here,

Here's what Kerm was talking about...the Hudson is beautiful.

I am worn out from two days of touring NYC on foot, first with Linda and then by myself after she had to go to the airport.

It was wonderful to have Linda with us, she was great crew and good-natured company.  She's welcome back and wants to know when more "really good stuff "is coming up.  Kerm says "It's all good".

I'm too pooped to cover the last couple of days so I'll close now and blog more thoroughly tomorrow.

Until then, Southren Bell Crew signing off...

No comments:

Post a Comment