Monday, May 30, 2011

Lehman paranoia

The fuel leak or mist or what have you has got me a bit paranoid.  We probably should have gone all the way to Lake Ontario today but # 4 fuel pipe is still misting when I'm not looking.  I think.  If I move the hard tube in the ferrule it seems to, well, move.  And that ain't right. 

So perfect weather on Ontario and here we sit at the west end of Oneida at a marina where I have to figure out what to do next.  And, and we have got a perfect weather window for Lake Ontario tomorrow which will not open again until Friday.

I'm going to order parts tomorrow (probably) and hope that they will be here Thursday and then off to Canada, eh. If not, I will have them sent to my sister Mary who will be up here in the next week or two.  Soooo,  do I roll the dice or play the sure thing... 

Here in lies the problem.  All the books said that I should have carried a set of injector pipes for the Lehman diesel on a long trip.  So, what do I do,  I look for leaks every day at the injector pipes.  And of course,  being the cheap bugger I am,  I don't buy the pipes and instead drive my self  NUTS LOOKING FOR LEAKS EVERY DAY.  My brother Greg would say that if I didn't look there wouldn't be leaks.  Ignorance is bliss.  Sometimes Kermit, can't you just leave it alone... and have some fun.

Kerm






Nice marina tho,  cheapest yet,  our city car at no cost is a Mercedes.  Fancy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment