Wednesday, May 25, 2011

New York, New York

Monday, May 23

Linda and I went across the river to Beacon and caught a train to New York City, leaving Kerm to do maintenance chores.  The train went directly to Grand Central so it was very convenient.  We planned to sightsee, stay overnight and then get Linda to the airport on Tuesday and I would take the train back up to Beacon/Newburgh.
In the train I noticed this funny sight...
Linda was sitting below a poster about the End of the World...which was supposed to happen the day before...too silly
(Warren is a little deflated, to facilitate travel) but he wanted in on this picture...oh, the irony.

Linda and I walked all over New York and used the subway to see so much;  Grand Central, Carnegie Hall, Central Park, Ground Zero, Little Italy, Chinatown, The Bowery, Empire State Building, Times Square.  We were exhausted but glad to have crammed so much in so short a time.

The next morning I waved goodbye as Linda's bus took off to LaGuardia Airport.  Linda... we said it before but will repeat...you are welcome on the Belle anytime!!

I had some time before my train back north so I wandered around some more...

Warren in Times Square

Times Square  You can see the ball that drops on New Year's Eve if you look carefully

New York Public Library Lion
I also sat in Bryant Park and had a coffee, walked around Park Ave up by Museum Mile and had a hot dog from a street vendor by Grand Central before I jumped on the train.  Soooo much fun. 

On the way back I had great views of Sing Sing Prison, West Point and the Hudson Valley...the train ride is awesome.  Then I took a little ferry from Beacon across to Newburgh.   I saw my captain waxing the Belle from afar...a beautiful sight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment