Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Tough day on the Belle

 Kerm here,

Had a great breakfast and were planning our city day when we found out that we had to clear out of the marina as they had to put a bunch of mondo yachts in.  O' well.  So we headed to Oswego on the Erie Canal and then on the Oswego canal going north..  The river was at flood stage and the wind was blowing stink.  This was one of the most difficult days of all of our years of boating.  There were only 7 locks but each one was a bugger.  Lock 5 was the most screwed up we have ever been in a lock.  EVER.  So I guess we have some touch up to do on the boat.  Wind, undertoe and few ties.  Tonight Chris and I are a mess,  we just want to have a couple of drinks, eat and go to sleep.

So for all you tech people.  I did have to jamb it in reverse and really nail the throttle and,  I don't know if maybe I overdid it.  When I was coming into the marina the trany sounded a bit howlie and perhaps some vibes.  Paranoia, perhaps  because we go across the big water the day after tomorrow when the wind calms down.

Kerm

Chris here

Humbled and beaten up.  Today we looked like crass amateurs in those locks at times.  I talked with a guy as I walking over to the marina office and he said he would rather be out on the big water than in the Oswego Locks when the wind is blowing like it was today.  He said not to take it too hard it happens to everyone.   Nice to hear but I still feel beaten up.  GOOD NIGHT, don't call us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment