Thursday, June 9, 2011

Peterbourough

Kerm here,
Been awhile but we no longer have the mifi from Verizon so we have to rely on free internet at the marinas.  Last night we stayed in Hasting hoping for AC and wifi but we got hit by 70 mph winds that took out the power and our bimini.  Wild.  So we got up early and went to Peterborough where we will meet my sister Mary and her husband Cecil tonight. 
Finally getting the hang of starboard ties at the locks.  Come in a little hot, touch the front and nail reverse where the rear will swing in regardless of where the rudder is.  Go figure.  Port ties are, well, still a bit stinky as when you hit reverse (regardless of where the rudder is) the stern moves to the right. 
Engine continues to run hotter but I think that maybe I have weeds on the intake on the outside of the boat.  The strainer looks OK but I'm seeing bubbles raising up when we have the power on.  I'm thinking that if we get a nice day I will go over the side and see what's going on.  Burrrrrr.  I did purchase snorkel stuff before we left but did not pop for a suit.  Stupid, so now I freeze my butt.  OR WAIT, maybe Cecil will do it.
Fuel injection unit is still leaking oil.  Brother Greg found the parts to fix the problem at the shop but didn't catch up to Mary Ellen for the hand off.  Nuts.
Might have Mary bring the bimini back to MN when she goes back and have Al make a new one but we'll see.  I'm not bad with a needle so may give it a try myself. 
Son Dan is thinking about meeting up with us in about 3 weeks in MI with his girlfriend.  I really like having other people on the boat but don't like that we have to be somewhere.  BUT, BUT, with MI, it's nice as the pick up can be flexible.  It will be nice as Dan knows the west cost of MI and will steer us to the best ports.  Also,  Lake MI is know for its strange wave patterns so will be nice to have someone with MI experience to help us along. 
Peterborough is quite nice.  Dan and I were here last fall so know where the Greek restaurant is and where the greasy spoon is for breakfast.  What more do you need to know in a port.
I'm taking a nap...
Kerm

No comments:

Post a Comment