Sunday, April 3, 2011

Calm before the storm

 Kerm here,
We have decided to stay in Isle of Hope for another 3 days.  We are comfortable here and storms are headed our way on Tuesday and Tuesday night but in reality we are finally relaxing and just don't feel like moving into the cold north just yet. 
I replaced the marine radio at the lower helm yesterday as the Smithsonian wanted the other one for some sort of marine history display.  The bugger worker well except when needed which has caused some high blood pressure situations.  I hope replacing this will somehow fix the intermittent blank readings on the panel mate depth meter which also fails when needed.  I did talk to a marine electronics expert yesterday and he thought that the depth meter is probably causing the radios to go crazy and not the other way around so we'll see.  One of the other reasons to replace the radio was that the new ones have an emergency button that sends the Coast Guard your position if there is a problem.  I still have to tie this feature into the GPS network but will try to  hook this up today.  Where is Dan when I need him...
Chris is at church.  Yes, church.  I decided to pass and instead told her that I would listen to it on the radio.  This is what dad said when we went to church as kids.  I don't know if he really did as polka music was always on when we came home. I checked and can't find a polka music station down here, only a bunch of stations telling me I'm going to hell unless I ascribe to their version of the bible... oh, and send money.

I better get crack'n on getting the place cleaned up before Chris gets back.

No comments:

Post a Comment