Tuesday, April 12, 2011

And then we stayed

Kerm here

We were buttoning up things yesterday to get back to cruising and I was telling Kim at the marina office what a great time we had here and she said why don't you just make it an even month while waiting for better weather up north.  I told here that we really didn't want to spend the money for yet more days at a marina vs mooring out.  She said let me figure out how much it will be and then make the decision.  She came back and said that if we stay for an even month we will get 300 bucks back as the monthly rate is that much lower.  Soooo, we stay.  We will be here at Isle of Hope until April 26.

There are several places we wanted to see in SC so we're thinking of renting a car and do it that way.  This way when we get back on the move we don't have to stop for anything but nightfall.  We can make it up the 250 miles of SC in just 4 or 5 days vs a couple of weeks.  The following week would be the Chesapeake with Chris's must do's of Virginia Beach and Annapolis.  Depending where we stay maybe throw in Washington DC.  We'll See.  In my mind, I would like to be well into fresh water by June 1st.

The radio 'tic' is back but we were up in the flybridge and of course it was when we were coming into the marina with John and Cheryl so we just had to live with it.  We don't think the new one down below was doing it so this might help me zero in on what the heck is going on.  If it would just do it when I had time to shut down systems to see where its coming from I might be able to nail it down.  Today I'll just run the boat at the marina and see if it will surface.  I have a sneaky feeling that we will be playing with this bug for a long, long time.

The time out with John and Cheryl gave us an opportunity to check out the realigned engine / shaft and it seemed to take a bit of a 'thump' out.  Maybe its just my imagination to justify all the work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment