Friday, December 6, 2013

Warning: this is not about warmth, sun or the Belle

Kerm here. 

The big thing about MN is supposed to be quality of life.  Yah, right,  something below 0 tonight and I think the high today was about 0.  Quality of life,  what a bunch of ...   But, after my visits today I did manage to pick up a few things for the boat and visit with the guys at Windmill Marina where Chis and I worked last summer.  All is well with everyone there and they kept asking if Chirs and I were coming back next summer.  Yah, right.

While sleeping in a real bed and not taking a shower in some hell hole really appeals to me,  I miss the Belle and Chris already but I'm planning my attack on the boat for when I get back.  Lists.

Note to self and other people that are thinking of doing the loop or extended cruising.  Sell or put in a lock box every thing you cherish.  Yes,  my pickup truck,  my beautiful pickup truck gained another wound, just like last time I stored it.   Seems it was being moved and the guy forgot to set the emergency brake and it backed into a Chris Craft.  The CC came out of it OK but the truck tailgate and the guy did not come out so well.  Seems he tried to make himself a human fender and did some damage to himself but still the truck needs a new tailgate.  He will eventually be OK but the truck will need a transplant.






1 comment:

  1. I see you're in Cape Coral. Do you see a 466 Carver there called Two Far Gone? Friends of our out of Afton.

    ReplyDelete