Sunday, January 2, 2011

Update and pictures

Entry by Christie

It was Sunday today so Kerm and I figured we would take it easy on the boat work.  I made french toast using thick slices of bread and it was sinfully good.   Then we both seemed to get super motivated and as a result we had one of the most productive days so far.  

I squished into a compartment that needed cleaning under the steering cowling on the fly bridge.  It was mildewed and dirty so I had a great feeling of accomplishment when it was all spic and span.  The  rear sliding door in the salon leading to the back deck was sticking and hard to move...I got that working.  I also took down our Christmas lights and removed the Florida registration decals. Southern Belle is now a nationally documented motor vessel and she doesn't carry state stickers any longer.  I was an over-achiever today.

Amongst other things, Kerm and Dan worked on wiring the anchor light which has been acting very unreliably...after much effort and high mast work by Dan it was finally decided to replace the offending thing. 

There have been some requests for pictures.

First one is from our maiden voyage from Clearwater to Hudson


These are various inside shots-


 Napping in the Vberth...great stuff

 Shower...all conveniences included

Dan enjoying the back deck

Christmas lights...note how low the tide is.  You can't even see her hull.
Table set for Christmas dinner...we are using good China, silver and crystal on board (paper plates and plastic cutlery have their place too)

New Year's Eve

And lastly, look what I found in my kitchen...a DALEK. 

Signing off for now with best wishes to all for a Happy New Year.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the photos. Now I can visulize you all when I hear what you are doing. The Belle looks lovely. You are good caretakers.
    Love to all,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete