Sunday, October 20, 2013

Anchored in Wolf Island, Tennessee

Sunday, October 20

We are fogged in for the time being in this nice anchorage.  Fog is a common problem at this time of year as air temperatures at night fall faster than the temps of the water.  The fog usually burns off fairly quickly so I'll try to get this blog entry done before the captain "pulls the chocks".




The last time we anchored here, with Passport and other Looper friends, we were serenaded by a calliope on a boat called 'Annie' that joined us in the anchorage.  It was a fun time.  Remember, John and Mary?  Last night we were treated to a magnificent harvest moon rise featuring the biggest, most brilliant orange moon I've ever seen.  Pictures did not turn out so you will have to take my word for it.
Wolf Island
Quite a bit of current in this anchorage  

It was very cold last night and we were happy to be able to crack up the generator and turn on the heater this morning to take the chill off.  That generator is a miracle!  Our poor dinghy, Tinkerbelle, is showing the cold shrivels...

Dinghy goose bumps

Poor little thing...we are heading south, I promise

We will enter Pickwick Lake today.  A beautiful area packed with great little coves and nooks for anchoring out.  We have to stop at the marina, Grand Harbor, to pick up some boat things we ordered and to take on some fresh water.  I also plan to get some of their packaged Barbeque ribs.  Delicious and easy to prepare on board.

Our ice machine has been officially christened "Passport" which is totally fitting, as Mary and John used to share their precious lumps with me.  We think of our dear boat buddies often and now you will be honored on a regular basis.

That's it for now.  The motor has just been turned on and I have my pre-departure duties to perform.

Love to all
Christe

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Chris -- love the photos! It's great to be following you here, too. I got smart and put you in my blog reader. I had no idea that you were in TN -- I missed which river you're following. Need to read back a few posts.... Take care and greetings to Kerm! Cinda

    ReplyDelete