Monday, June 23, 2014

Update 23 June


 Kerm here,
It's been awhile.  We have not been sitting on our butts and getting tans but probably slowed down a bit due to hot, hot, hot weather and almost daily rains.  Thank goodness for air conditioning.  I for sure wouldn't be here if there was no A/C. 

Chris left a little over a week ago for Oregon to visit her brothers.  Son Dan also flew in from Cleveland to be with her.  It just happens that Chris's nephew and his wife and kids were also in Oregon at their "cabin" in Newport so it was a mini family reunion.  Chris and Dan loved Newport and have suggested that the next full on family reunion be held their at the "cabin".  The cabin has 9 bedrooms with a guest house so I don't know how it became known as the "cabin".  It's on a bluff that overlooks the Pacific and good crabbing is quite close.  Chris said they had a great time crabbing  and the group all got their fill of "bugs".

Chris is now in Hawaii as she thought that she was "so close" that it was an opportunity to get a couple of things off her bucket list.  Volcano and rain forest.  One must take adventures when the door is open even a crack. 

Me, I'm headed to Mid-Ohio Race Course on Wednesday to watch brother Greg race.  Expectations are quite high as he generally finishes at the top there.  There are a few other people coming from Minnesota to watch also so it looks like a good party might be in the mix.  I know there are some people who look at our site who don't know that the Wold boys have been involved in racing for a number of years. I gave it up almost 10 years ago BUT Greg is racing my old car.  While he may have bought it from me, when I see it out there, it's still mine.  Especially when he's up there.

From Mid-Ohio I'm headed to MN for the 4th of July on the St. Croix River at Chris's sister Linda's house.  They have been hosting the 4th party for about 35 years.  I think Chris and I only missed once and that was when we were on the Loop.  It is too bad but the river is in flood right now and predictions are that it will remain that way through the 4th so no wake, no beach and probably no sailing.  Nuts.

After beating my brains out on the foredeck calking my carpel tunnel has been driving me nuts so I've just been working on small jobs.  Well, mostly small jobs.  I got bored one day and started to taking the old baby s**t colored coating off the side port windows and couldn't stop until done.  It was going well and Chris wasn't here to pull me off so I went Kerm on it.  My hand felt / feels like crap but dang it looks good.

Like a house, after awhile the little things kind of bug you... well at least me.  An example of one of those things on the Belle was that during a rain or washing the boat water would drip off the top of the boat, down the fascia and for some reason across a small return to constantly keep the rear euro strut bases wet and pour water onto the back deck. Here's my solution:

It's a piece of a thin cutting board held on with double stick.  It's nearly clear when looking at it in person.  Cut, bend, stick and break up the surface tension.  I know, I know, but it works, PFM.

More later, black sky, think we're going to get slammed again...

Kerm

1 comment:

  1. Chris here...stuck in Oregon. Not in Hawaii, yet. Planes have been full but I don't mind because I am having fun visiting with Jim and Mari.

    ReplyDelete