Saturday, February 15, 2014

Staniel

 Kerm here,
 Great spot but boy you don't want to be at this dock in a west wind with the current going out especially with a full moon.  Mistake.  I knew that there might be a chance that it could be bad for a couple of hours today but holy cow it was nuts.  Extra spring lines going out for the length of the boat +.  This is why a person going from fresh to salt must think about is at least 2 or three lines 1 1/2 the length of the boat with a diameter a couple of sizes larger than normal for these situations.  Add to that chafe guards.  Even with all are preparations we still had a bit of damage to one of the rub rails. Hey, that's why they call them rub rails as Chris likes to tell me.  A bit of epoxy and all will be as good as new.

We got into the cabins today.  Nice.  A cut above especially for the Bahamas.  I think you can do a search for houses for rent, Staniel Cay, Serenity and come up with pictures.  We have the two smaller units closest to the water.  I plan on running out the water heater for the showers every day, maybe twice.  My bathing hygiene probably has been a bit lax... thank goodness Wold's tend to not stink.

Today is a relax day for Linda's family plus Margie the 3rd of 4 sisters.  So five women Vs two of us guys.  Me thinks Patrick and I will go with the flow for today and tonight.   Linda's son in law will be coming tomorrow so it will be 5 to 3.  Me thinks Patrick, Brian and I will go with the flow for the week.

At slack tide tomorrow the grotto will be high on every ones list.  The place gives me the creeps but I will be a good sport and perhaps if I go there enough times I will start to feel like James Bond although with my facial features I will be satisfied with an eastern block spy trying to take over the world with James Bond on my trail.  Why does he always have to kill all of us...  I think we are viewing the movie Thunderball tonight to get us ready.  I'll let you know how it goes.








No comments:

Post a Comment