Friday, November 4, 2011

Tuesday, Nov. 1

We departed Grand Harbor Marina at 12:15 pm  heading for an anchorage called Bear Creek.  It is on the Mississippi side of the Tennessee River south of Whetstone Creek, which I've written about before.

Waterfall Cove entrance
Bear Creek



Bear Creek Anchorage
When we got to the anchorage it was too narrow, too shallow and too stumpy for us to stay the night.  We turned around and headed for Panther Creek, where we have had good luck before.  By 4:10pm we were safely anchored.  It's a great spot.


 
Made a good dinner and went to bed with the sun.
Good night from Panther Creek

Wednesday, Nov. 2

A little foggy and cold this morning but it cleared up shortly after 9:00. 


Sunrise in Panther Creek
I worked on planning for the Tenn-Tom Waterway for most of the morning and Kerm worked on wiring all day.  When he works on wiring it get real interestin'...
 
This is the hailer that Kerm installed.  With it we can communicate during docking and anchoring without having to shout to each other.  It's very civilized.


At about 3:00pm Kerm got a phone call which turned out to be from Passport...Mary and John tracked us down and steamed into Panther Creek.  Hooray!!  They rafted up with us and we had a great reunion.   Cocktails and Shrimp soup and good stories!!


Thursday, Nov 3

Rainy and cold, really gross weather.  We decided to weigh anchor early at 8:47am and head out for Grand Harbor.  In little more than one hour we were back at Grand Harbor Marina.  Kerm did a very excellent docking in tough conditions.  The wind got even worse for John and Mary and they got blown around but they got in safely, docking right in front of us.

I have noticed a small area of rash/sore on my back and am going to a urgent care clinic in Savannah, TN.    As many of you know, I had shingles several years ago and this feels like the same thing.  I want to get it taken care of asap so it doesn't get any worse.

Later:
Yuck!!!  It is shingles.  The doctor prescribed some medicine and I hope we caught it in time.  Now it's time for rest and taking the pills five times a day!!  Kerm is taking good care of me and
Mary Morgan is a nurse... so I have my own private health care squad..

Friday, November 4

Been sleeping most of the day and the shingles seem to be getting better already.  Keep all fingers crossed..  

We are planning to leave tomorrow morning if everything continues to go well.  Tomorrow's navigation is very easy so I'll be able to sleep along the way. 


Today, a $5-6million yacht docked across the way from us.  The weird thing is when they came in they were all wearing camo fatigues.   Even the face masks...it looked like Al Quada was invading Counce, Mississippi...although I can't imagine.why.  Anyway, I stopped over, asked them where they were headed and they said West Palm Beach .  I guess that answers that.  
Ok... it takes all kinds to make the world spin around.  I took some pictures but they won't upload tonight...I'll try again sometime soon, but now I have to go to bed.

Love to all friends and family
Christie

And thanks for all the supportive good wishes I have received on this stupid shingles thing 




No comments:

Post a Comment